Monday, June 22, 2009

Rollin, Rollin Rollin

That's really all he's been doing all day long! Jaxon - that is! He is such a big boy! I know I know I've said that already but today he's been rolling not only belly to back but now back to belly and over and over again! I can't believe he's doing it already. He's been rolling from belly to back but then laying there like a turtle for 3 months now! Guess he was tired of that! My lil man's gonna be crawling in no time! I sure do love the snuggles I get right now that he is still but I know before long he will be ready to go and not snuggle his Mommy. So what if he's a bit spoiled to loving on me I am too and don't want to give it up just yet. I know the day will come when he will be everywhere but snuggling me and I'm just not ready for that yet! It brings this song to mind:

Let Them Be LIttle (by Lonestar)
I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand
Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute
How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink
Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon

So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

I've never felt so much in one little tender touch
I live for those kisses, prayers and your wishes
Now that you're teaching me things only a child can see
Every night while we're on our knees all I ask is please

Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

So innocent, a precious soul, you turn around
It's time to let them go

So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

Let them be little

Because the time passes so fast. Makynzi will be 3 in exactly a month from today! Where has the time gone? I never believed when Mom would say "It seems like just yesterday..." But it really does and I would love to freeze time and enjoy these moments forever. But it's not possible and I know at the same time I'm gonna love my kids and the next stage they are in as much as this one....until pre-teen age that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment