Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big Scare!

Yesterday we had a busy busy day.... we started the morning off with Makynzi's gymnastic class. She did so great! The teacher even commented that she had a "great listening day". Don't you love when you hear that? It never fails that the kiddos act better for someone other than their parents. After gymnastics came errands. We hit up Costco first for some detergent and diapers...$120 later we had a lot more than I went in for...but nothing that we didn't need. And guess who we ran into there? Makynzi's fave baby girl and her Mommy! So we headed for lunch with Misty and Olivia at Wendy's and caught up...b/c we hadn't seen each other in oh about 4 days LOL . After lunch we picked up some little things at Krogers, dropped it off at the house and finally about 200 miles too late picked up Bapaw and went to get an oil change. While we were there I was feeding Jaxon and noticed he had red welps on his cheeks. After looking around some more I noticed they were on his arms, legs and chest as well. I thought maybe a bug was in his carseat biting him so as soon as we got home I stripped him down and washed him really well w/ a cool washrag and put some medicine on him.

They were gone by the time he went to bed last night. This morning he woke up covered in them again! I took some pix and called the dr. Turns out he is allergic to the Amoxcillin the Dr had prescribed him for his Double Ear Infection last week. GEEZ!!! I'm glad we caught it when we did (thanks mom) otherwise I would have given him the last dose and no telling what would have happened. The dr said give him 3/4 tsp Benedryl as needed and by this afternoon he was 100% better and hasn't had any come back. I am so thankful we found out the easy way rather than the hardway he's allergic. Poor baby boy! Just like his sissy, Makynzi can't take Pennicillan either. According to the dr. it runs in families which makes sense because my Gramma was deathly allergic and so is James Lee.

1 comment:

  1. i didnt know it ran in families... Braydon is WAY allergic to penicillin... so i wonder if Beau is... i should probably tell the doctor so we dont go through the same thing w/ Beau that we did w/ Braydon... Braydon was purple he had it soooo bad... oh it was bad!

    ReplyDelete