Thursday, September 16, 2010

Texas Tourists

Going to see Bubba is always an adventure! Isn't it crazy how big Tx is! I mean If we were to go East instead of West from our house we would probably end up about Florida by the time we could cross Tx! So heading out we decided to spend the night and go to the Wild Life Safari on the way to Bubba's house. The kids loved the hotel b/c we let them bounce the beds and stay up way past their bedtimes!
But as pretty as it was when we got there that night when we got up the next morning it was pouring. The Safari lady said "come on out the roads aren't flooded yet, but we can't guarantee anything by the time you get outta here" Really Lady! What makes you think I want to drive my truck out there and get stranded with two kids and a husband down some flooded road with crazy wild animals! And to pay to do it! Nope I'll pass! So we left bright and early and made it to Bubba's early.

While we were there we decided to do the touristy thing and hit up some museums! Ever notice how you can live in a place and still not do the stuff people actually come to town to do! We had a blast going to the Air Force Museum! I definitely recommend it!

Check out the "Bush" section! Sorry crazy Obama voters! Midland is NOT the place for you! There wasn't a thing about him there!

I love love love that they had a section where the kids could fly a plane! I think this was their fave thing about the day! Who wouldn't want to be the pilot!

Flying the plane
We even got one of them together :)

Me and my boys
We wanted to see how big the wheel was to Makyzni but she wasn't having it so Monty tricked her to get by it by telling her that she was bigger than it LOL
Me and my babies

Jaxon loves to say "cheese" for the camera now! he'll bring it to me just to say CHEESE! Or maybe he's just asking for some cheese...who knows!
Monty "shooting" the HUGE gun in the parking lot


The Yellow sign says "Beware of swarms of bees" I didn't dare get close b/c I'm allergic and there were bees everywhere but he had to have a pic!

I was so excited to get to see one of my best friends while we were there! I can't believe we both have 2 babies that are so close in age! WOW Chrissy are we getting old or what LOL

But I must say it felt really weird (and Monty ageed) to go all the way out there and have Bubba as the only family there!

Before we left town there was a Kids Festival at the Children's Museum so we hit that up! That place is so cute!

The kids loved being WeatherKids on TV




Being a Waitress @ "Burger King"

Then a shopper and cashier

And can't forget our lil construction worker

But the highlight was the Crocodile show! WOW check out these animals!

To think we went almost 500 miles to see a company from Houston put on a show!



No comments:

Post a Comment