Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Crash Bang Boom!

The kids and I were in the car heading to MOPS yesterday and thank God we have Him on our side! 

The roads were slick and as we turned left after being stopped at a red light the truck started spinning. According to Makynzi "we went circle, circle, left, right, left, crash" and that's just what we did. Right into a fence being held up with by some metal T-Bars (4 that went under our truck to be exact) and a grassy area that the back left tire got buried into. I just knew we were gonna flip and that was it as we were going around and round. Thing is we weren't even going fast at all. A sweet guy stopped to help and said that there was just enough rain on the ground to make the oil slick! Sure was slick enough for my big ole car. That was so so scary! My first thought was that the car was totaled or about to blow up so I turned it off, called Bapaw to come and get us and checked out the damage after I realized it wasn't exploding.

Oh and totally forgot to tell ya that I was on the phone with Monty while this was happening and scared the daylights outta him to by telling him "Gotta go. About to wreck". He hung up, called Ronnie who was about 10 miles away and made it to where I as in about 5 minutes! 


The man that stopped pulled two of the metal pole out from under the truck, bent one all the way down and told me to pull straight forward the way I was facing and I would hear some loud noise but be okay. Sure enough we made it out with minimal damage. I had to get a tire rehung (is that even a word) because of all the grass in between the tire and the rim and have some deep scratches from the poles on the front bumper and side running board. But they are plastic so could take the damage. 

Thank God for a big car and taking the wheel. I have always been told not to try and steer or slam on the brakes if something like that happens but I wasn't thinking at all and did both which I think helped b/c we were heading into oncoming traffic and at least this way we ended up not hurting anyone or ourselves.There were cars everywhere at 9 am so I don't know how that happened if not for God.

The kids were shook up but totally okay. After getting the tire fixed we had to drive back past the spot and Makynzi says "Don't wreck again Mommy"
I am never hearing the end of this from her. But Thank God we didn't flip and lived so she can keep giving me heck about it. 

Here are the few pix that I did manage to take. I wasn't even thinking about taking pix until I was about to leave.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment