It's already going to be September! Time to get ready for back to school (maybe or maybe in Winter?), then comes Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! Wow time sure is flying. It seems like Summer just started and it's already turning into fall!
We just got back in town from Midland. It was a fun trip and boy are we glad to be home and off the road but it's always sad to leave family. The only way I could convince Makynzi to leave was to tell her we were going to see Bapaw b/c she sure didn't want to come home!
We had a blast though. The first 2 days we got to spend with just Daddy and Bubba. We haven't spent alone time like that in way too many years! Then Saturday Sid and Kayla came home from visiting Baby Jacob in Maryland. They had a good trip and Jacob is doing so good! Keep the prayers going strong though since he was 9 weeks early and such a little guy. But he's a trooper and breathing on his own and fighting with all his might!
We spent most of the trip in the pool and relaxing! I even managed to get in a nap! I know big Shocker since I never nap!
While we were there Jaxon got to have his first rice cereal!! He is 6 months now so able to have food! His 6 month checkup went so good! He's 22 lbs and 26 inches long! My lil man sure is growing up! He's still only rolling and trying to crawl but hasn't made it anywhere yet! I'm sure he will with in the next couple of weeks or so. He's also regressing about sleeping in his bed! HE HATES IT! I guess Makynzi must have convinced him it's much better sleeping w/ mommy and daddy then alone because that's what he's preferring lately. Doesn't bother any of us though....it sure does bother the dr. She said "It's time for Baby Boot Camp" which means no more nursing at night and he needs to cry it out. We tried...well I tried while Monty was out of tow...to do it and it was a LOOOONG night and I finally gave in. Then since we have been out of town he has been sleeping with us for the most part so back to square one. We'll do it when we are all ready.
Makynzi loved every minute of being in Midland but is happy to be home and even slept until almost 10 this morning! Usually she's a go-go-go kinda girl but today she asked if she could just stay home and watch some movies. That works for me today since we haven't gotten to in a while. Plus Jaxon has a fever....teething is what I think so we are chilling out here at the house today anyways. When I asked Makynzi her favorite part of the trip she said "I like ducks, one duck ate out of my hand on your camera" LOL meaning I got a video of her feeding the ducks.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment