Jaxon is not a baby anymore. Jaxon is not a baby anymore! Jaxon is NOT a baby anymore!
If I say it enough maybe it will actually click in my mind all the time and not just some of the time. I recently realized that I totally think of him as a baby still and not the almost two year old big boy that he's becoming. At Makynzi's age I was already doing so much more with her. We were in playgroup, went to story time at the library and Barnes and Noble weekly, did crafts and colored constantly and she was even in gymnastics. So how is it that I have totally slacked with Number 2. I don't even know. Except for the fact that I still see him as Baby Jaxon. Granted, we are involved in MOPS (and if you are a mom of a preschooler and aren't you don't know what you are missing! Let me know if you want more info on it :) and involved in the church but this kid...see I didn't say baby....needs more going on. So now what?
I pulled up my old bookmarks with activities I did with Makynzi at this age and found some cute stuff Jaxon likes. Basically we're just going to "intentionally" play. Instead of open play most of the time. I'll pull out a few specific toys and we'll learn through them. Plus I'm going to try and find a playgroup geared towards his age that we can go play with on the days that Sissy is in school. And even if we don't find one we'll still go and enjoy the Toddler story times at the library. Monty wants me to find some sort of activity for him....besides gymnastics...so time to look for that too.
Either way, it's time for his Little Man to have a life of his own (with Mommy of course) that doesn't just revolve around his big sissy. Let me know any ideas you come up with too :)
And I'd post a pic of what a big boy he's becoming and how much he loved attacking me with the toy bear this morning but first I have to find my camera. He and his sissy seem to think it's their's most of the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment